Sunday, September 3, 2017

Celebrating the 60th Milestone with families.

A birthday celebration for me have always been a family affair. When celebrating with friends, it is always doing what we always do, celebrating over dinner, drinks or even over a round of golf. It is all about enjoying the special day with good company, those who always put a smile on your face.

This year as usual, I celebrated my big day with my family members at a local Restaurant. Because it is a 60th birthday, some of the extended family members too shared my big day. To avoid the rush, I had arranged for it to be held two days earlier over the weekend.
 My mum in law giving me an An Pow for good luck.
 My eldest sister, Jessie who saw me through my college education will always be there for me.
 My two sons who are now working giving me an Ang Pow each for luck.
The nice branded Tods wallet stuffed with 88 ringgit was a gift from my in sisters in laws.
 My sons with their cousins.
 The family of my third SIL.
 The family of my second SIL
 With my brother in law and his wife.
 My family.
 With my mum who is now an octogenarian.
 My sister and her son's family.
 The food in the restaurant is good.
 Glad that Calvin is able to come with his young family.
 Enjoying the dinner.
 Close knitted family.
 The cousins grew up together.
 They have been together since babies.
 Nice ambiance.
 The restaurant is having full house.
 My mum doing a selfie with my MIL. It's not a monopoly of the millenials.
 All together for a group photo before the cake cutting.

On the actual day which was on Tuesday, I took a day off and took my mum for a simple lunch at Tang Sifu at One Utama.
She love the dessert there, which is the very fine "Tau Fu Fah".  
 Being a traditionalist, she wanted home cook food for my special day.
 It's hard boiled eggs with dark sauce pork and served with vermicelli, a typical Hokkien dish. Eggs and noodles is a custom my mum insist.
 My wife knew exactly what she like and prepare it the way she likes.
It was a simple, but good and delicious meal.

That's the way I like it, being with your family on your special day. As is always the case, I do celebrate separately with friends on other days.This time around, it's special. Turning 60 is a milestone and it's a blessing to be able to celebrate it with close friends as well.

All my classmates are also turning 60 this year. We thought it would be meaningful to celebrate together at the end of the month on 31.8.17 for a big bash. That was arranged at The Royal Lake Club, Kuala Lumpur the event in the next blog.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment